Ultra Paws Durable Dog Boot
A durable boots that is pliable, super grippy, and ideal to prevent slipping on floors and/or for light duty outdoors.
- Easy to put on - difficult to slip off!
- Split seam sides expand - making it easy to put on the boots.
- Two Velcro straps with slides fasten the boots in place.
- Generous foam at the closures create a secure grip and cushion the dog's paw when the boot is tightened.
- Durable boots are the BEST protection for senior dogs who are having trouble slipping on hardwood or tile floors.
- Tough, water resistant nylon material with the top of the toe and sole wrapped in Toughtek, a grippy, flexible, skid resistant and durable thermoplastic material, up to 0.8mm thick.
- Toughtek performs in wet and dry, hot and cold conditions.
- Available in black only.
Petite- fits paws 1 1/4" in width
X-Small - fits paws 1 3/4" in width
Small - fits paws 2 1/4 " in width
Medium - fits paws 2 3/4" in width
Large - fits paws 3 1/4" in width
X-Large - fits paws 4" in width
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR DOG FOR BOOTS
To measure the width of your dog's foot, place the foot on a piece of paper and press down on the top of the foot, mimicking how the foot spreads when the dog's walking.
Mark the left and the right side of the foot on the paper and measure the distance between the marks. Compare this to the boot sizes. The width of the foot should be smaller than the boot size. For example, if the foot width is 1 1/2 inches, order an XSmall at 1 3/4 inches.
USING YOUR NEW BOOTS
Be prepared for a good laugh the first time your dog wears the new boots. Remember, they've been barefoot their entire life. Dogs will typically pick up their feet and prance like high-stepping ponies, trying to figure out why the ground doesn't feel the same.
1. First, gather your dog's favorite toy or treat - this will be useful to take their mind off their new boots!
2. Fully open the velcro closures and slip the dog's paw into the boot (the hook velcro portion is sewn on the front of the boot.)
3. If appropriate, tuck the dew claw in the boot.
4. Pull the closures tight.
5. If the dog is docile and allows you to put on all four boots, go for it.Then let it run around or take the dog for a walk and break in the boots.
6. If the dog is unsure about this experience,go slow and put on one boot at a time, letting it get used to the feeling of the boots.
7. After the boots have been on a few minutes, check the closures, fit of the boot, and re-tighten the boots.
8. Check the boots periodically during use - this is especially applicable in deep snow conditions or tough terrain.
HELPFUL HINT...Keeping your dog's nails trimmed and the fur between the pads trimmed will help boots fit and stay on better.
Loosely fasten velcro closure, wash in cold water on delicate cycle; hang to air dry.
$39.99 for a set of four boots.