Thundershirts - A Simple Solution to a Common Problem - Dog Anxiety
Thundershirt’s gentle, constant pressure has a dramatic calming effect for most dogs if they are anxious, fearful or over-excited because of:
• Separation Anxiety
• Travel Anxiety
• Crate Training
• Excessive Barking
• Leash Puling
What is Thundershirt?
As seen on TV, Thundershirt is an affordable, drug-free solution for anxiety problems in dogs and cats. Thundershirt uses gentle, constant pressure on your pet's torso (just like a constant hug) to help calm your pet.
Unlike most anxiety calming products, Thundershirt does not contain any pheromones or drugs; thereby, leaving your pet calm but not lethargic.
Thundershirt is great for dogs and cats with fear of thunder or fireworks (or any loud noise), separation anxiety, travel anxiety, crate anxiety, grooming, litter box problems, barking problems, hyperactivity, leash pulling, and even as a general training tool.
For: Dogs & Cats
• Helps calm your dog's or cat's anxiety during stressful situations
• Drug-free and easy-to-use
• Recommended and used by veterinarians and trainers
• Over 80% of dog owners report improvement in their dog's noise anxieties when using Thundershirt
• Great for dogs and cats with many anxiety issues, such as: fear of loud noises, separation anxiety, litter box problems, travel anxiety, crate anxiety, and more
How it works:
Thundershirt uses pressure to relieve anxiety. Experts believe that pressure has a calming effect on the nervous system and have been using pressure techniques for years on both animals and humans.
Like acupuncture and acupressure does for people, applying pressure to dogs and cats has been proven to help calm them in stressful situations. In fact, 80% of dog owners who tried Thundershirt for a variety of anxiety problems noticed improvement in their dogs. Veterinarians and dog trainers use and recommend Thundershirt for anxiety too.
Details about Thundershirt:
• Make sure your pet meets the weight requirements. (See sizing chart below)
• Every size of Thundershirt includes fasteners to adjust to your pet's unique size and shape.
• While Thundershirt will usually reduce anxieties in dogs just by putting it on, in severe cases of separation anxiety, it is recommended to use Thundershirt in conjunction with a training program.
• We recommend measuring your pet's chest to ensure you purchase the correct Thundershirt.
Please note: Our list of recommended breeds is just a guideline, and in addition, our listed measurements differ from the measurements recommended by the manufacturer. Based on surveys that we conducted, we believe our measurements to be helpful when purchasing a Thundershirt for your dog or cat.
||7 lbs or Less
||9" up to 13"
||Toy dog breeds & puppies
||8 - 14 lbs
||13" up to 17"
||Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier, Pomeranian
||15 - 25 lbs
||17" up to 21"
||Shih Tzu, Dachshund, Jack Russell Terrier
||26 - 40 lbs
||21" up to 25"
||Beagle, Cocker Spaniel, Bulldog
||41 - 64 lbs
||25" up to 30"
|| Labrador Retriever, Golden Retriever, German Shepherd
||65 - 110 lbs
||30" up to 37"
||Mastiff, Great Dane, Saint Bernard
||Over 110 lbs
||37" up to 50"
||Giant dog breeds.
||Less than 9 lbs
||9" up to 13"
||Small cat breeds & kittens
||9 - 13 lbs
||13" up to 17"
||Over 13 lbs
||17" up to 34"
||Maine Coon, Ragdoll