This fast-acting, long-lasting and waterproof flea and tick protection helps control these pesky pests on cats and kittens, eight weeks of age and older. The two tough pest control ingredients in this formula—fipronil and (S)-methoprene—work on killing adult fleas, eggs and larvae, helping to prevent against further infestations. Stored in the oil glands of your pal’s skin, it provides flea and tick prevention for a full 30 days. No more bugs bugging your kitty!
- This fast-acting, lost-lasting and waterproof formula provides flea and tick treatment and control for cats and kittens 8 weeks of age and older.
- Made with 2 tough pest control ingredients—this treatment breaks the flea life cycle by killing existing infestations of adult fleas as well as the eggs and larvae, preventing further infestations from bugging your favorite feline!
- Not only does this treatment kill fleas, flea eggs and larvae, it also kills lice and ticks—including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Stored in your kitty’s oil glands, this formula provides long-lasting flea and tick control, working non-stop for 30 days after application.
- This product is approved for use on cats and kittens 8 wks and older weighing 1.5 pounds and over.
- 3 applications
Your pet may experience some temporary irritation at the
site of application. If signs persist or become severe within a few
days of application, consult your veterinarian immediately.
Observe your pet following treatment. Sensitivities may occur after
using ANY pesticide product on pets. Please read entire manufacturer’s
insert prior to using product. Approved for use in breeding, pregnant,
or nursing animals. Consult with veterinarian before using on sick,
medicated or aged animals.
Fleas rise to the top of your pet's coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.
- Remove Applicator: Lift and remove the plastic tab to expose foil backing. Then peel away the foil. Or use scissors to open
- Open Applicator: Hold upright with foil side toward you and snap applicator tip
- Apply FRONTLINE Plus: Part your cat's hair between the shoulder blades. Place the applicator tip just above the skin and squeeze. Apply entire contents of the applicator in a single spot directly onto the animal's skin. Do not apply on top of the haircoat. Avoid contact with treated area until dry
- Remove the cat's collar
- Apply as a spot between your cat's shoulder blades in 1 area that can't be licked
- Avoid touching the wet application spot
- Wait 24 hours to allow solution to dry before bathing or letting your cat get wet
- Give each of your cats its own complete dose
Frequency of Application
- When used monthly, FRONTLINE Plus completely breaks the flea life cycle and controls tick and chewing lice infestations. Do not reapply FRONTLINE Plus for 30 days.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae for up to three months. FRONTLINE Plus also prevents development of all flea stages for up to three months. FRONTLINE Plus can control fleas for up to three months, however, if there is a high risk of reinfestation or if the pet has fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis, a once monthly application may be needed.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills ticks for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where tick control is needed. FRONTLINE Plus kills all life stages of ticks (larva, nymph and adult).
- FRONTLINE Plus kills ticks that may transmit Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, ehrlichiosis, babesiosis, anaplasmosis and other tick-borne diseases.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills chewing lice for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where chewing lice control is needed.
- FRONTLINE Plus aids in the control of sarcoptic mange infestations. Multiple monthly treatments are recommended for the elimination of mites.
Where is this product sourced from?
We source all our products from manufacturer approved distributors or
directly from the manufacturers.
How does FRONTLINE Plus kill fleas and ticks?
FRONTLINE Plus has 2 secret weapons: fipronil and (S)-methoprene. Once FRONTLINE Plus is applied, this combo stores itself in the oil glands in your pet's skin. It then self-distributes continuously for 1 month to your pet's hair and skin through the hair follicles. Fleas or ticks that come in contact with your pet are dead meat.
How long does it take for FRONTLINE Plus to kill fleas?
In a study, FRONTLINE Plus began killing fleas 4 hours after application.1 Another study showed that within 12 hours, Frontline Plus killed 100% of fleas.2
Do fleas and ticks have to bite my pet for FRONTLINE Plus to work?
No. FRONTLINE Plus kills fleas and ticks through contact with your pet's haircoat. No biting necessary.
Why am I seeing more fleas on my pet after applying FRONTLINE Plus?
Fleas rise to the top of your pet's haircoat as they die. So if you start seeing more fleas after treating your pet, consider it a victory for the killing force.
After using FRONTLINE Plus, I still see fleas in my home. Why?
The fleas you see most likely started as flea eggs that were deposited in the environment before you began using FRONTLINE Plus. Consecutive monthly applications of FRONTLINE Plus will assist with the elimination of an indoor flea life cycle. In some geographical regions in the United States, it may be required to use the product year-round.
Does FRONTLINE Plus have an expiration date?
No. As long as you keep it at room temperature and sealed in its original packaging, FRONTLINE Plus will remain ready for battle.
How long after application can my pet be bathed or go swimming?
FRONTLINE Plus remains effective for 30 days, even if your pet swims or is bathed. After application, keep your pet from getting wet for 24 hours. If FRONTLINE Plus is to be applied after a bath, make sure your pet is completely dry before application.
Can I use it if my pet is on medication?
Before using FRONTLINE Plus, ask your vet about possible interactions with any medications your dog is taking.
Can I use FRONTLINE Plus if I have already applied another flea and tick control product?
Before using, consult your veterinarian.
Does FRONTLINE Plus kill anything else besides fleas and ticks?
FRONTLINE Plus also kills chewing lice.
Can FRONTLINE Plus be used on pets other than dogs and cats?
No. FRONTLINE Plus should be used on dogs and cats only. There are specific products based on what kind of pet you have and how much it weighs. Be sure to use the right product for your pet.
Can I apply it more than once a month?
Don't reapply FRONTLINE Plus before the month is through. It keeps working for a full 30 days.
How old does my pet need to be in order to have FRONTLINE Plus applied?
At 8 weeks your pet can start benefiting from the power of FRONTLINE Plus.
Wondercide - Flea & Tick Shampoo for Dogs & Cats
Earth Animal - Nature's Protection™ Flea & Tick Herbal Bug Spray
Wondercide Ready-to-Use Flea & Tick Spray for Yard + Garden
Advantage® II for Cats
Earth Animal - Nature's Protection™ Flea & Tick Daily Internal
Earth Animal - Nature’s Protection™ Flea & Tick Herbal Spot-On For Cats
Wondercide - Flea & Tick Collar for Cats