Small: 5 – 9 lbs.
Large: 9+ lbs
How does Advantage® II for cats work?
Advantage® II for cats combines two active ingredients:
- Imidacloprid attacks the flea's nervous system - paralyzing and ultimately killing it.
- Pyriproxyfen is an insect growth regulator (IGR) that kills flea eggs and larvae.
This combination plays a crucial role in treating and preventing infestations, because:
- In an existing infestation, you might only be aware of the adult
fleas, which only represent around 5% of the full infestation and are
found on the pet.
- Immature flea life stages which live in the pet's environment
consist of around 95% of the infestation and can be almost invisible to
the naked eye.
How old does my cat have to be to use Advantage® II?
You can use Advantage® II for cats on kittens and cats 8 weeks of age and older.
Can I use Advantage® II for cats on my rabbits?
No, do not use Advantage® II for cats on rabbits.
Can I use Advantage® II for cats on dogs?
No, do not use Advantage® II for cats on dogs.
How long does Advantage® II for cats last?
A single application of Advantage® II for cats
stops biting fleas for one month. However, if the cat has a severe
infestation, retreatment within a month may be necessary. See product
label for additional information.
Does Advantage® II for cats kill ticks?
Advantage® II for cats does not kill ticks, but
it does effectively break the flea life cycle by killing flea eggs,
larvae and adults to help prevent infestation on your pet.
How do I apply Advantage® II for cats?
Applying Advantage® II for cats flea control to
your feline friend is easy and convenient. Before applying, check the
weight range and minimum age on the package to choose the appropriate
product for your cat.
How to apply Advantage® II for cats:
- Remove the tube from packaging and open it by putting the cap on the other end and twisting to break the seal.
- Part the hair where the cat's head and neck come together (base of
the skull) and place the tip of the tube on the skin, gently squeezing
to expel the entire solution out onto the skin.
- Lift the tube away from their skin, while maintaining pressure on the tube to make sure the product has all been squeezed out.
How often can you use Advantage® II for cats?
Use Advantage® II for cats monthly, year-round
to help keep your pet protected from fleas. Even indoor cats need
protection against fleas because you or other pets in the household may
bring fleas into the home. Fleas in your cat's environment can re-infest