Seresto® Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs
Seresto® collar provides flea and tick prevention for dogs that helps protect dogs for 8 continuous months. This secure flea and tick treatment is not only effective but also convenient in the following ways:
- Kills and repels fleas and ticks through contact –– no biting required
- Aids in the treatment and control of sarcoptic mange on dogs
- Kills chewing lice
- Easy to apply
- Water resistant*
How do Seresto® collars for dogs work?
- Imidacloprid has been used in products for years to control flea infestations.
- Flumethrin effectively kills and repels ticks.
- Flumethrin works together with imidacloprid to provide dual action against fleas and ticks. No other product has this combination of ingredients.
For: Dogs (7 weeks of age or older)
Sustained release technology
Seresto® works similarly to a monthly topical in the fact that the active ingredients spread from the site of direct contact over the skin surface. The active ingredients in Seresto® are released in low concentrations from within the collar and, thanks to your pet's skin and coat, spread from head to toes, even the tail. As the active ingredients wear off over time, a new supply is continuously replenished in low concentrations for 8 months. The long-lasting, 8-month duration of Seresto® differentiates it from other flea and tick collars.
Seresto® for dogs is water resistant.
The active ingredients of Seresto® are contained within the Bayer Polymer Matrix, making it water resistant. Therefore, it is unnecessary to remove the collar before the pet is immersed in water. Seresto® remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming, or after exposure to rain or sunlight. Under normal conditions, effectiveness lasts for eight months. To maintain an 8-month duration, dogs must not be bathed more than once per month. For dogs that swim once a month or more, the control duration is reduced to five months for fleas and seven months for ticks.
How long does Seresto® for dogs take to work?
Seresto® kills existing fleas on dogs within 24 hours after application. Once Seresto® has been on your dog for 24 hours, re-infesting fleas are killed within two hours. Infestation prevention with new ticks starts within 48 hours after Seresto® collar application. Re-infesting ticks are repelled and/or killed in as quickly as 6 hours.
How to apply the Seresto® collar on your dog:
- Remove the collar from its packaging.
- Unroll the collar and remove the small plastic connectors from inside the collar, ensuring that no remnants remain.
- Insert the end of the collar through the buckle and loops.
- Adjust the collar around your dog's neck until it fits comfortably on them.
- Two fingers should fit beneath the collar and neck to ensure it's not too tight. Any excess length of the collar beyond an inch past the loops should be cut off, unless it is on a growing puppy, where some additional length may be needed for adjustment as the puppy grows.
- Check periodically and adjust fit if necessary, especially on growing puppies.
- Seresto® comes with three optional reflector clips that can be attached to the collar to help keep your dog visible at night. The reflector clips should be evenly distributed on the non-overlapping part of the collar.